Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Okay, time to make a choice

I can move our entire site (homepage and all) to a different hosting site.. but, as long as we have no access to our files (which we don't) I can't transfer all of the existing message board data. So we would have to start from scratch. But, I'm not sure that's a bad thing either, considering how things were going right before the board went down....

Or, we wait this out (I do have several requests in for help, but I'm not getting much response, despite the hosting site's claims to 24/7 help)

Your opinions are requested. Please post in comments or email me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I'm thinking leave it up to the whims of fate. I mean, the whims of the hosting company. If the site's not up by 8am tomorrow, move it and start again (but continue trying to get the old url up so there's a way to notify people that it's moved for a while).

8:17 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

Okay, ladies..

I will work on getting it back up today.. if I can't, we'll switch hosts and it WILL BE BACK no matter what. I'm not sure how long it will take, but Thursday I can work on it alot and hopefully get it up and running.

Good luck tomorrow M3K.. I'll be thinking about you! :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Ginger, if we switch to a new server, will the old one refund the fees that were just paid? Or will that be considered "water under the1 bridge"?

3:39 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Well, I would think that they would have to do so, since I just paid them a few days before the server went down.. and I'm sure I could force it if I need to.

I just emailed them again and told them I need immediate help or I will be forced to seek legal remedies - whether or not they listen, we'll see. Even if they just INFORM us of what's going on (they changed the homepage for their site - it has NO info) I will be okay with that. But, as it stands now, I'm not very impressed.

Grrrr...

I'll be home tomorrow, Boo is in preschool and I don't have a whole lot I have to get done. So I will make a decision by morning and work on it.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home